Deutsches Technikmuseum & Science Center Spectrum
Dear visitors to the museum,
we are glad to welcome you at the Deutsches Technikmuseum and Science Center Spectrum! Admission is preferably by online ticket. There is an additional ticket contingent at the cashier desk at Trebbiner Straße. We recommend booking your tickets online to avoid waiting times.
Please note: The visit of the Spectrum can unfortunately not be guaranteed in case of high attendance. We ask for your understanding!
Please note our current visitor’s information and hygiene recommendations.
We are looking forward to your visit!
Requirements for entering the museum
- The museum visit is possible without a mask. For your own protection, we recommend wearing a mask.
- When participating in workshops indoors, the requirement to wear a medical mouth-nose protective mask still applies.
Following exhibitions are open:
Rail Transport (partly closed), Shipping, Aviation, Road Transport, “The Network”, Computers, Sugars, Machine Tools, Textile Technology, Telecommunications, Photo Technology, Jewlery Manufacture, Historical Suitcase Production, Papermaking, Printing, the Museum Park and the Science Center Spectrum.
The railroad exhibition is being redesigned and is currently only accessible to a limited extent! In addition, we are carrying out an energetic renovation of the windows. From March 14, 2022, Locomotive Shed I will be closed for several months. During this time, the route to Locomotive Shed II will be via the outdoor area.
As of now, the exhibitions on Chemicals and Pharmacy and Film Technology are closed.
Joining forces against Corona: Do your part!
In order to best protect you and our employees we have implemented extensive visiting rules and hygiene recommendations. In this way we can work together to stem the spread of the virus. Join the effort!
Visiting Rules and Hygiene Recommendations
- Wearing a mouth-nose protective mask in all indoor workshops is mandatory for persons over the age of 6.
- Please remain at home if you are feeling ill.
- We recommend keeping a distance of at least 1.5 meters between you and other people. If a waiting line develops in front of the entrance, please make sure that this distance is maintained here as well.
- Cough or sneeze in the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief and keep your hands away from your face (eyes, nose, mouth).
- Avoid making contact with people (for example shaking hands, hugging).
- We sanitize our information boards, displays and other surfaces regularly. Please be sure to regularly disinfect your hands at the disinfection stations found at the entrance and in the exhibition areas or wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Some hands-on stations and display elements that have to come close to the face (for example headphones, VR headsets) are gradually being put back into operation.
- There is no cloakroom. There are, however, lockers available for your use.
Requirements for the reading room
The joint reading room of the Library and the Historical Archives is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Its use is by appointment only. Appointments must be made in advance at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. There are only a limited number of appointments available. The mask rule applies. An appointment confirmation must be presented at the museum entrance.